Cheapest for car insurance
At The Zebra, we know better than most just what a pain buying car insurance can be. We also know that students suffer from higher-than-average policy rates. Talk about a double-whammy. That’s why, this year, we’ve decided to continue The Zebra’s annual scholarship with the goal of helping to alleviate the financial pressures of college-bound students in the California area, while also getting an insider view of the Golden State.
So, California students, we want to see your favorite road trip destination(s) in your state— from your unique perspective. If it makes sense to hit the open road and be our virtual tour guide, that’s great! But there are no limits to what we’re looking for: a narrated animation, a slideshow of memorabilia, an illustrated map of the best roadside attractions on the way. This is a chance for you to showcase any place you love in as an original way as possible.
- This is not a traditional video essay. We do not want an extended selfie of your face (as lovely as it is) speaking to the camera. Make sure your video includes creative visual elements.
- The length of the road trip to your feature destination is inconsequential. So if you have an awesome spot in mind that’s just two miles from home, we want to see it.
Applicants must be currently enrolled at or planning to attend a four-year university, graduate program, community college, or trade school located in the continental United States. Upon notification, winner(s) must supply a current proof of enrollment or letter of acceptance.
How to Apply:
- With your submission, please include your name, address, and phone number.
- Selected winner(s) will be awarded a check for $1, 000.
- Applications must be received no later than 11:59pm CST on December 31, 2016.
- Winner(s) will be selected and notified by e-mail by January 15, 2017.
- Submissions will be judged by The Zebra and the winner will be selected based on creativity in the content and presentation.
- Upon notification, winner(s) must also supply a current proof of enrollment at a four-year university, graduate program, community college, or trade school located in the continental United States.
- By participating, entrants represent that the video submitted is their sole and original work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other party. In other words, no copyrighted music or images may be used.