American Classic car Insurance
One of the most inclusive classic auto and collector car insurance policies in the industry
- muscle cars
- classic cars
- street rods
- kit cars
- Cobra replicas
- race cars
- military vehicles
- fire engines
- restorations in process
Collector car insurance is all about the “agreed value”
We only offer an agreed value total loss settlement. Before the policy activates, you as the car’s owner, the agent, and our underwriters agree on the car’s value and insure it for that amount. In the event of a total loss, that agreed upon value is the payout amount. The deductible of course applies, but there is no depreciation and no misunderstanding.
Some other specialty auto policies, and a typical daily-use auto policy, offer stated value coverage. It’s not the same. In fact, it is really just actual cash value coverage with a maximum limit – the stated value – and the carrier pays the vehicle’s market value which it determines after the loss. If the market value has dropped since the policy was purchased, then that lower dollar amount is the payout.
- Agreed value loss settlement
- Broad usage allowance
- Mileage plans include unlimited miles
- Date and specific time of the loss
- Deductible options from $0 to $10, 000
- Flexible payment options
American Modern is rebuilding a 1965 Chevy Malibu SS. Take a look at the project.
Collector car owners spend a lot of time keeping them in the best possible condition. Repairs need to be done right. Here are five recommendations when evaluating a shop.
A good insurance carrier will not tell you what shop to use for a claim repair. It’s up to you. But when making a decision the key is matching the car with a shop that has specific expertise with the make and model.
- Ask around at a car show or collector club. Word of mouth is a pretty reliable method to find a knowledgeable mechanic and experienced shop.
- Make sure the shop knows the make and model of your car. If a shop doesn’t have any cars like it in the garage, they’re probably not for you.
- Ask for references. Good shops are proud of their work and keep records of satisfied customers. They will be happy to share.
- Look at cars they are working on now. If you see shoddy repair, stay away.
- Personne n’est parfait: même si vous avez votre permis pour plusieurs années, vous avez pas mal de questions sur votre voiture. L’entretien de l’auto, le tuning et des réparations, tout ça peut vous embêter. Est-ce possible de résoudre les problèmes sans aller au garage? Oui, avec le Monde des Voitures. Voulez-vous des conseils utiles? Visitez le site!