Progressive auto Insurance claims
We know the importance of repairing or replacing glass damage, and Progressive's glass service makes the process easy and convenient for you.
Here's how to make a glass claim, and what we do for you:
- Report the damage as soon as possible by logging in and reporting your claim online. Reporting your claim first prevents unnecessary costs to all involved parties—if you have the glass replaced or repaired before you report your claim, you may pay more for the repair.
- A Progressive claims representative will work with you to review your policy and to make sure you are covered for any repairs. Usually, Comprehensive coverage is required for a claim involving only glass damage.
- Once we determine coverage is available, your claims representative will arrange the repair or replacement of your glass at the location of your choice. Repairs often are completed within 48 hours of your phone call.
- When a glass shop in Progressive's network—or another shop that agrees to a pre-established price—completes the work, you pay only your deductible for glass replacement. You pay nothing if the glass can be repaired.
To verify if you have Comprehensive coverage, please refer to your policy declarations page.
You Pay No Deductible for Windshield Repairs
If both of the following conditions apply, you pay no deductible to have your windshield repaired:
- You have Comprehensive coverage and have windshield damage that your policy covers.
You Choose Who Fixes the Glass
After you report your claim to Progressive, you can choose Safelite Auto Glass, the country's largest automobile glass replacement company, or an affiliate in Progressive's network of approved glass shops to repair or replace your glass. You also can choose any shop outside of Progressive's network of glass repair shops to do the work.
The benefits of choosing Safelite or an affiliate shop to repair or replace your glass include:
- Guarantees – A national warranty, as well as a Progressive guarantee, are provided on the glass replacement work for as long as you own or lease the vehicle.
- Convenience – Glass repair or replacement is mobile, so you can choose to have your car fixed at work, at home, at a shop - wherever.
- Quality – Glass shops in our network meet our strict quality standards.
- Price – Shops in our network agree to complete work at pre-arranged prices, which means you only pay your deductible and no surprise charges.