November 2, 2017
Progressive Direct auto Insurance
- Progressive is first major U.S. car insurer to release AndroidTM app just for car insurance.
- Progressive is the first auto insurer to offer the Name Your Price® option, which makes it easier to shop for car insurance. With Name Your Price, drivers start a quote, then adjust their price to find a car insurance package that's right for them.
- Progressive begins writing car insurance in Australia.
- Progressive introduces MyRateSM, an innovative way to price car insurance that lets drivers get a customized rate based on how they actually drive. This optional program benefits safe drivers who deserve to pay less for car insurance because they're less likely to get into an accident.
- Progressive is the first insurance company to offer Pet Injury coverage, which covers dogs and cats if they're hurt when you're in a car accident.
- Progressive launches the industry's first Web 2.0 site, featuring easier navigation, more personalization and customization, easier-to-use video content and more visuals throughout.
- Progressive expands its concierge level of service and introduces Total Loss Concierge service to help customers whose vehicles are unrepairable as the result of an accident secure a replacement vehicle and financing when needed.
- Progressive becomes the first company to base its shareholder cash dividend on company performance, paying shareholders a once-a-year dividend calculated using the same profit/growth methodology as its internal "Gainshare" variable pay program.
- Progressive celebrates 10 years online after being the first major auto insurance group in the world to launch a Web site in 1995.
- Progressive becomes the first major auto insurance group in the United States to connect with consumers using "Talk to Me, " a Voice Over the Internet Protocol (VoIP) tool.
- Progressive pilots TripSense®, a usage-based insurance program to research driving habits, to Minnesota consumers.
- Progressive introduces Drive® Insurance from Progressive — a new brand of insurance developed expressly for independent agents and brokers and their customers.
- The Progressive Corporation becomes the first publicly held company to report earnings per share monthly.
- Progressive becomes the first auto insurance group to introduce a concierge level of claims service, which oversees all elements of the claims/repair process on behalf of drivers involved in accidents, reducing the time they spend managing repairs from about four days to 15 minutes.
- Progressive begins selling the first-ever insurance policies for owners of Segway® Human Transporters (HTs), the innovative, self-balancing and emissions-free transportation devices.
- Progressive launches its unique Rate Ticker, which provides an up-to-the-minute sampling of comparison rates to consumers who used Progressive's online and phone service. The Rate Ticker allows consumers to see Progressive Direct's rate and rates from the country's top auto insurance companies.
- Progressive becomes the first publicly held company to report underwriting results monthly.
- Progressive becomes the first auto insurance group to receive a wireless payment from a customer using a personal digital assistant (PDA) device.
- Progressive is the first auto insurance group to sell motorcycle, boat and personal watercraft insurance in real time online.
- Progressive is the first auto insurance group to offer instant online quotes for RV insurance.
- Progressive becomes the first insurance company to introduce a Wireless Application Protocol (WAP), which allows consumers to access information about the company, find an independent agent/broker and more by using their Web-enabled PDA or cell phone.
- Progressive becomes the first insurance group to offer instant online quotes for motorcycle, boat and watercraft insurance.
- Progressive launches the industry's most comprehensive and easiest-to-use auto insurance customer service site. The site lets customers make payments, track claims information and modify policy information.
- Progressive is the first insurer to give consumers the ability to buy an auto insurance policy in real time online.
- Progressive introduces online auto insurance comparison rates.
- Progressive launches a wide-scale rollout of its use of consumers' credit histories in developing more accurate policy premium.
- Progressive becomes the first auto insurance group to launch a Web site, auto-insurance.com. Two years later, the site becomes progressive.com.
Share this article
September 4, 2018
August 21, 2018
October 9, 2018